You are here
In this section:
- Barndioota Consultative Committee Guidelines (PDF 252)
- Why does Australia need a National Facility? (PDF 567KB, HTML)
- What is Radioactive Waste? (PDF 525KB, HTML)
- What does a Radioactive Waste Management Facility look like? (PDF 809KB, HTML)
- Phase 2 Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 148KB)
- National Radioactive Waste Management Project QLD (PPTX 4.6MB)
Find out more information about the project download:
- How the site was chosen (PDF 388KB)
- Community survey report (PDF 3.05MB)
- The Site Selection Framework (PDF 1.6MB, Word 855KB)
- Nominations Guidelines (PDF 350KB, Word 2.3MB)
- Initial Business Case (PDF 2MB, Word 4MB)
- Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
The Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO) is the government portfolio agency responsible for the delivery of specialised advice, scientific services and products to government, industry, academia and other research organisations.
- International Atomic Energy Agency
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is the world's centre of cooperation in the nuclear field, established in 1957, within the United Nations family.
- Joint Convention on the Safety of Spent Fuel Management and on the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management
The Joint Convention on the Safety of Spent Fuel Management and on the Safety of Radioactive Waste Management applies to spent fuel and radioactive waste resulting from civilian nuclear reactors and applications and to spent fuel and radioactive waste from military or defence programmes.
- Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency
The Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) is the Australian Government's primary authority on radiation protection and nuclear safety.
- Australasian Radiation Protection Society
The Australasian Radiation Protection Society (ARPS) is a professional society of members engaged in one or more aspects of radiation protection.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection
The International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) works to help the prevention of cancer and other diseases and effects associated with exposure to ionising radiation, and to protect the environment.
- Nuclear Energy Agency
The Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA) is a specialised agency within the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), that assists its member countries in maintaining and further developing environmentally friendly and economical use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
- Department of Industry and Science
The Department of Industry and Science is managing the National Radioactive Waste Management Facility project.